Attracting a potential visitor to your site is only the first step. Grabbing their interest and retaining them is even more difficult.
Customer retention is incredibly important for growing a sustainable business, so it’s very important to design your website in such a way that your user frustration is minimum.
Top 8 Reasons that Makes someone leave a Website
1) Bad Navigation – Nothing frustrates a website visitor more than a website that’s hard to navigate. Complex or inconsistent navigation can cause users to feel helpless, confused, or angry – certainly not the emotions you want potential customers to be feeling.
2) Too Many Ads – Suffocating your visitor with ads that pop, flash, and fill the entire browser will only serve to enrage them.
3) Bad Content Structure – Bad content can destroy your conversion and retention rates. Make your content(especially your contact info) easy to find. It’s estimated that as many as 50% of sales are lost bacause potential customers can’t find what they’re looking for.
4) Obtrusive use of Audio & Video – Most people value their ability to choose what to absorb. Having video or audio that loads automatically can potentially drive visitors away.
5) The Registration Requirement – it’s often the case that forcing visitors to register before they can view content is much like a physical barrier. Barriers, such as forced-registration, may ultimately cause the visitor to go elsewhere for what they’re looking for.
6) Boring Content, Boring Design – A dull website that has no purpose or interactivity will never create a memorable experience for a visitor. Data suggests that 40% of visitors don’t return to a website after having a negative experience.
7) Poor Legibility – Bad typography choices, abrasive colors, and experience typos all contribute to poor legibilty – and ultimately poor user experience.
8) Lack of Frequency – You may have found the right balance of interactivity, design and content construction – those are all good things. But you also need to keep your site fresh with new content.
- Web Hosting: The Definite Beginners Guide (2017 Update) - June 22, 2017
- 8 Top Factors to Rank on 1st Page of Google in 2017 - June 13, 2017
- How to Improve Your (Reach & Rankings) With Link Building Strategy - June 12, 2017
- Top 10 App Developers in India 2017 – Android, iOS and iPhone Mobile App Developers India - May 26, 2017
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Web Host Company Provider - May 3, 2017
- 15 Blogging Stats (With Reasons) to Start Blogging Right Now – Infographic - April 10, 2017
- 5 On-Page SEO Techniques That Google Hates - March 17, 2017
- BlueHost Coupon Code (Exclusive Deal): Get 60% Off + Free .COM Domain - February 17, 2017
- 3 Mistakes to (Stop) Making When Putting Together Your SEO Strategy - December 23, 2016
- Top 10 Web Design Companies in India (Exclusive List) - December 21, 2016