What Is The Google Panda Update?
Google’s Panda Update is a search filter introduced in February 2011 aimed to lower the rank of “low-quality sites” or “thin sites”, and return higher-quality sites near the top of the search results.
Panda is updated from time-to-time. When this happens, sites previously hit may escape, if they’ve made the right changes.
Tips to Prevent Getting Hit by Google Panda Update
1) Remove or Improve Bad Content
– Delete or improve low-quality pages: thin/ irrelevant/ no value/ duplicate/ over-optimized content.
– Add noindex tag on pages that don’t add value to users (eg. category page, archives, contact, pages with sort options, disclaimer, etc.)
2) Fix Duplicate Content
– Redirected outdated URLs to the correct pages using 301 redirect.
– use only 1 version of your homepage URL. Either with www or non-www.
– Use rel=”canonical” attribute to specify the preferred version of many pages with identical content.
– Remove copied or scraped content.
– If applicable, use noindex tag on the print version of your pages.
3) Tidy Up your Site
– Avoid excessive ads
– Use no more than 100 links per page
– Keep your site well-organized and easy to navigate
– Validate your site. Tools you can use: CSS Validator/HTML Validator.
– Make your content readable
– Create a custom helpful 404 page.
– Fix broken links. 301 redirect broken pages to new ones.
4) Speed Up your Site
– Use responsive web design
– Use a cache plugin
– Compress images and videos
– Implement CSS sprites to combine background images.
– Don’t use flash
– Remove unnecessary and inactive WordPress plugins(if using WordPress)
5) Build Content that your Audience will Love
– Update your site with fresh, relevant, authentic, and well-edited content regularly
– Create content primarily for users, NOT for search engines
- HostGator Maximum Discount Coupon Code 2017 – Hostagtor 60 off - August 10, 2017
- How-to do On-Page SEO in 2017 - July 26, 2017
- 12 Step SEO Guide to Supercharge Your ECommerce Website Marketing - July 14, 2017
- Web Hosting Types Comparison + Advantages and Disadvantages - July 11, 2017
- These 17 Blackhat Techniques are Killing your SEO Campaign - July 7, 2017
- A Simple (But Complete) Beginners Guide to Web Hosting - June 22, 2017
- 8 Top Factors to Rank on 1st Page of Google in 2017 - June 13, 2017
- How to Improve Your (Reach & Rankings) With Link Building Strategy - June 12, 2017
- Top 10 India Mobile App Development Companies 2017 | Indian App Developers - May 26, 2017
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Web Host Company Provider - May 3, 2017