These search engine optimization audit tips will help you to keep your site on top among your competitors. An SEO audit will help you to find problematic areas of your web site, so you can correct them and make it more user and search engine friendly.
SEO Audit Tips
1) Page Titles & Meta Description
The page title and meta description should be unique for each page of your website. This will help search engines and users to know what the page all about is.
2) URL Structure
An optimized URL of your website should be unique and in a proper format. Also it should include primary keyword separate with hyphens and are less than 255 characters.
3) Internal Linking
The website pages that you want to get ranked higher in Google should have the maximum number of internal links. Also the page should be linked from home page and the anchor text will be both complete page title and non-keyword text.
4) Check for Broken Links or Dead Pages
Use brokenlinkcheck.com to check for broken links on your site. If you are using a CMS like WordPress, then you can install Broken Link Checker plugin to do this task for your website.
5) Website Speed
As per the best SEO practices, the page load time of your website should be less than or equal to 3 seconds. Google Page insights, a page speed tool that will analyze your website and provide suggestions for improvement.
6) Responsive Design
Check your site using Mobile-Friendly test tool whether it qualifies for Google’s new mobile friendly ranking boost or not. As per the latest update in the Google algorithm, your site has to be responsive in order to make site phone and tablet friendly.
7) Title in H1 Tag
Make sure that page title of your website should be in H1 tag. Most content management system like WordPress automatically adds H1. But sometimes it overrides the settings. So, make sure your title gets the H1 love.
8) Content on Homepage
To give an understanding to search engine of what a page is all about, there has to be enough content on the homepage of your site. The minimum number of words should be at least 150.
9) Static URLs
The URLs disclosed to search engines should be static without any session ids or excessive parameters.
10) XML Sitemap
Search engine sitemap is a well formatted XML document follows the sitemap protocol that consists of XML tags. The sites will not be served to search engines if not following the protocol. Also the sitemap should be up-to-date.
11) Outbound Links
Website will get affected if linked to a low quality or irrelevant website. This can lead to poor user experience.
12) Check for Redirection
To avoid unnecessarily diluting the link juice that flows through your site, make sure that internal links should point directly to the relevant pages and not via redirection.
13) Anchor Text Distribution
Search engines mark the links as unnatural if the anchor text is exact match.
14) Clicks from Homepage
Make sure that every page of your website should be accessible from homepage in 3 or maximum 4 clicks, else it will become difficult for user to locate the exact landing page.
15) Check Robots.txt file
The crucial sections of your website should not be excluded from Robots.txt file. Un-optimized robots file can prevent your whole website from being indexed in search engines.
Related: Best SEO Company in India
- Top 10 Mobile Game Developers in India (iOS, iPhone & Android) - December 7, 2017
- 4 Essential Tips to Create Engaging Videos for a Blog - October 2, 2017
- How to Get (Easy & High Quality) Backlinks by Mentioning Influencers - September 25, 2017
- Three things you should know about Mobile Advertising - August 16, 2017
- HostGator Maximum Discount Coupon Code 2017 – Hostagtor 60 off - August 10, 2017
- How-to do On-Page SEO in 2017 - July 26, 2017
- 12 Step SEO Guide to Supercharge Your ECommerce Website Marketing - July 14, 2017
- Web Hosting Types Comparison + Advantages and Disadvantages - July 11, 2017
- These 17 Blackhat Techniques are Killing your SEO Campaign - July 7, 2017
- A Simple (But Complete) Beginners Guide to Web Hosting - June 22, 2017