Content strategy is a term that has become popular in user experience and engaging your ideal customers with high-value content over the last few years.
And the job of a content strategist is to plan, curate, and distribute interesting and share worthy content.
Content can be either written, auditory, or visual that includes from video, photos, infographics, recorded interviews, podcasts, website copy, blog posts, social media posts, and articles.
When considering a content marketing strategy for your business, think that you are giving away something valuable in order to build a relationship with your ideal audience that leads to trust, loyalty and SALES.
Steps To Create a Content Marketing Plan For Your Business
1) Define Your Goal
When it comes to content marketing campaign, most of the online businesses don’t have a defined strategy and they are just publishing content.
Some hit the jackpot with bits of viral content here and there, while others aren’t so lucky. In order to have solid plan your content marketing objectives must align with your overall business strategy.
Here are some of the most common goals for site owners:
- Improve visibility in the search engines
- Drive customer conversions
- Improve brand perception
- Increase website traffic
- Encourage engagement
- Increase rankings
- Dominant page one in the SERPS
- Publish your own e-book?
- Land a certain number of clients?
- Start an online course for your ideal audience?
- Get a promotion or new job in your field?
- Raise money for an important cause?
2) What Type Content You Should Produce?
What your ideal audience wants and needs from you — talk to people about questions they have and find a way to answer them. If they have nagging problems, solve them.
Once you’ve figured those things out, you’ll have a clearer picture of the kinds of content you should start creating.
Tutorials — Teach people something new with easy-to-understand, step-by-step instructions (they’re searching Google and YouTube for this information every day). For example
Guides — A guide doesn’t have to be a 40 page ebook. But it should provide big value to your audience by teaching them a new skill or showing them how to be more successful in their business.
Interviews — People love to learn from industry leaders about their work process & routines, their secrets to success or how they overcame setbacks.
Infographics — Infographics creatively visualize facts and figures and are highly shareable online. Visually, Piktochart and Infogram offer free templates for creating infographics.
Curated Content — Most of your what you produce should be original but curated content can provide a great resource for your audience and drive big traffic to your site. Laura Roeder’s post outlining her company’s must-have business tools is a perfect example of this (it’s been shared 650+ times!).
3) Chart a publishing schedule
whether you want to create videos, blogs, articles or other media, design a schedule that allows you to keep up to a certain regularity and that allows you to cross promote your content between media and publishing channels.
Here is an article created by Content Marketing Institute representing the frequency around which you should be publishing content to your web presence, and across social media sites, other sites, etc., as part of a strategic content marketing initiative.
4) Content Promotion Strategy
One of the biggest challenges you face online when creating great content is figuring out how to effectively promote it. After all, it doesn’t matter how good that content is without an audience to consume it and share it with the world.
The fact is, with 2 million blog posts published every day, hitting the publish button simply just doesn’t cut it anymore. If you want your content to get you results in 2014 (and beyond) you need to actively promote it.
Following are the strategies that you can use to get better results from every blog post, video and guide that you publish.
To promote your content on a forum, simply start a new thread with a condensed version of your article.
- Thank Influencers on Google+
- Ask your readers to share
- Time Your Emails
- Sharing your content with the LinkedIn groups
- Pitch content curators about your awesome content
- Sharing content on content curation sites like Paper.li and Scoop.it
- Sharing content on free social sharing communities like Triberr
Related: SEO Marketing Firms
- Three things you should know about Mobile Advertising - August 16, 2017
- HostGator Maximum Discount Coupon Code 2017 – Hostagtor 60 off - August 10, 2017
- How-to do On-Page SEO in 2017 - July 26, 2017
- 12 Step SEO Guide to Supercharge Your ECommerce Website Marketing - July 14, 2017
- Web Hosting Types Comparison + Advantages and Disadvantages - July 11, 2017
- These 17 Blackhat Techniques are Killing your SEO Campaign - July 7, 2017
- A Simple (But Complete) Beginners Guide to Web Hosting - June 22, 2017
- 8 Top Factors to Rank on 1st Page of Google in 2017 - June 13, 2017
- How to Improve Your (Reach & Rankings) With Link Building Strategy - June 12, 2017
- Top 10 India Mobile App Development Companies 2017 | Indian App Developers - May 26, 2017