To create a successful website, you have to find a good web hosting service. There are several types of web hosting services, each has its advantages and disadvantages.
What is shared web hosting?
You are given a portion of a web server to use. How much you will get is based on your hosting package. Usually, many clients will be hosted on the same server to save cost on web host’s part.
– You only need to pay for what you need and upgrade later when needed
– Cheaper than other types of web hosting plans because the cost is shared
– Web hosts pre-install server software and updates
– Some problems with one site can affect other sites on the same server
– Typically, disk space, monthly bandwidth, and other resources are limited or shared
– Root access is not available
What is a virtual private server?
Virtual private server is a server that is partitioned with each section acting as its own server. Typically this is less expensive than a dedicated server but has more flexibility and functionality than a shared web hosting package.
– You have full administrative access to your hosting account (The VPS Server)
– You hosting account is isolated from other accounts on the same server
– Hardware network infrastructures are maintained by the hosting provider
– They are less expensive than dedicated server plans
– You’re responsible for some of the server side administration, such as application installation and maintenance.
– They’re more expensive than shared hosting plans. So they’re good when you have outgrown what shared web hosting can provide.
– Hardware assets such as CPU, RAM, and Disk I/O are still shared
What is dedicated server?
You get to use the whole server all to yourself. Only your website will be hosted on the server. No server resources will be shared with other clients
– You don’t share the server with anyone else. Better security, more resources, more reliable and faster speed.
– The server is usually maintained by the hosting provider, depending on the package.
– It is more costly than shared hosting especially if you don’t have the technical experience to manage the server yourself.
What is cloud web hosting?
Cloud webhosting is hosting that uses the resources of several clustered servers. Basically, this means that your website uses the virtual resources of several servers to accommodate all the aspects of hosting your site.
– It provides better uptime than another type of web hosting
– It provides good scalability. You can easily increase or decrease the resources without moving sites to other servers
– Traffic spikes is not a problem. The cloud can easily handle them.
– You don’t need to install software or hardware. Instead, you connect with a cloud that has the hardware or software you need.
– Lack of root access means less control
– As a relatively new service, it doesn’t have a long track record.
– It isn’t widely offered or used
- 4 Essential Tips to Create Engaging Videos for a Blog - October 2, 2017
- How to Get (Easy & High Quality) Backlinks by Mentioning Influencers - September 25, 2017
- Three things you should know about Mobile Advertising - August 16, 2017
- HostGator Maximum Discount Coupon Code 2017 – Hostagtor 60 off - August 10, 2017
- How-to do On-Page SEO in 2017 - July 26, 2017
- 12 Step SEO Guide to Supercharge Your ECommerce Website Marketing - July 14, 2017
- Web Hosting Types Comparison + Advantages and Disadvantages - July 11, 2017
- These 17 Blackhat Techniques are Killing your SEO Campaign - July 7, 2017
- A Simple (But Complete) Beginners Guide to Web Hosting - June 22, 2017
- 8 Top Factors to Rank on 1st Page of Google in 2017 - June 13, 2017