More and more blogs are publishing video content nowadays due to how effective and engaging it is. It is safe to say that if you run a blog then you would want to create and publish engaging videos as well – but that isn’t as simple as it may first appear.
The fact of the matter is that not all videos are equal when it comes to how engaging they are. Some videos tend to outperform others – sometimes by fairly significant margins.
If you want to create engaging videos, you should pay heed to these 4 essential tips:
1 . Create videos that are short and tightly focused
Although there are some exceptions, generally speaking videos that are short and tightly focused on a particular topic tend to have the best engagement levels. The sweet spot for duration tends to be in the 1 to 2 minute range, and if you’re concerned that isn’t sufficient time to cover a topic then the topic may be too general to begin with.
2. Optimize videos for mobile devices
With every passing year more and more people are watching videos on mobile devices – and yours should cater to that fact. In part this involves ensuring that your blog design and embedded player is responsive, but it also is important to cater to the fact that your videos are being watched on smaller screen sizes. That is something you’ll want to be aware of when creating your videos, so that you avoid including important elements that are too small for mobile device screens.
3 . Start including subtitles in your videos
Did you know that there are many people who watch videos on mute, or with the volume turned down? That is especially the case nowadays, as they may not want to be bothered by videos that autoplay in the background. If you include subtitles in your videos, you stand a better chance of retaining these viewers, and it will also make your video look more polished as well.
4 . Utilize a strong Call To Action (CTA)
The Call To Action in your videos is particularly important for engagement, as it will influence what viewers do after they finish watching the videos. Ideally you will want to point them towards a specific action, either to improve conversions or encourage interaction. Although CTA’s can be subjective, a strong CTA is one that not only points the viewer towards a particular action but also provides them with a compelling reason why they should perform it. To further strengthen a CTA you may want to include a time-sensitive or limited-quantity component to it as well.
Odds are if you implement these 4 tips you’ll find that the videos you create and publish on your blog are a lot more engaging.
Make no mistake you don’t need to create videos that are big-budget productions in order for them to be engaging, and if you like you could create simple yet effective videos for your blog with Movavi Slideshow Maker.
As a Windows slideshow maker, it will allow you to compile photos and videos into a neat video slideshow and you can also use its features to include background music, animated transitions, captions, a voiceover, and so on. All in all that should make for a decent video that can definitely engage viewers and hold their interest.
- 7 Awesome Ecommerce Link Building Strategies - February 9, 2018
- Top 10 Mobile Game Developers in India (iOS, iPhone & Android) - December 7, 2017
- 4 Essential Tips to Create Engaging Videos for a Blog - October 2, 2017
- How to Get (Easy & High Quality) Backlinks by Mentioning Influencers - September 25, 2017
- Three things you should know about Mobile Advertising - August 16, 2017
- HostGator Maximum Discount Coupon Code 2017 – Hostagtor 60 off - August 10, 2017
- How-to do On-Page SEO in 2017 - July 26, 2017
- 12 Step SEO Guide to Supercharge Your ECommerce Website Marketing - July 14, 2017
- Web Hosting Types Comparison + Advantages and Disadvantages - July 11, 2017
- These 17 Blackhat Techniques are Killing your SEO Campaign - July 7, 2017