What Is The Google Panda Update?
Google’s Panda Update is a search filter introduced in February 2011 aimed to lower the rank of “low-quality sites” or “thin sites”, and return higher-quality sites near the top of the search results.
Panda is updated from time-to-time. When this happens, sites previously hit may escape, if they’ve made the right changes.
Tips to Prevent Getting Hit by Google Panda Update
1) Remove or Improve Bad Content
– Delete or improve low-quality pages: thin/ irrelevant/ no value/ duplicate/ over-optimized content.
– Add noindex tag on pages that don’t add value to users (eg. category page, archives, contact, pages with sort options, disclaimer, etc.)
2) Fix Duplicate Content
– Redirected outdated URLs to the correct pages using 301 redirect.
– use only 1 version of your homepage URL. Either with www or non-www.
– Use rel=”canonical” attribute to specify the preferred version of many pages with identical content.
– Remove copied or scraped content.
– If applicable, use noindex tag on the print version of your pages.
3) Tidy Up your Site
– Avoid excessive ads
– Use no more than 100 links per page
– Keep your site well-organized and easy to navigate
– Validate your site. Tools you can use: CSS Validator/HTML Validator.
– Make your content readable
– Create a custom helpful 404 page.
– Fix broken links. 301 redirect broken pages to new ones.
4) Speed Up your Site
– Use responsive web design
– Use a cache plugin
– Compress images and videos
– Implement CSS sprites to combine background images.
– Don’t use flash
– Remove unnecessary and inactive WordPress plugins(if using WordPress)
5) Build Content that your Audience will Love
– Update your site with fresh, relevant, authentic, and well-edited content regularly
– Create content primarily for users, NOT for search engines
- Top 10 Ecommerce Marketing Agencies - June 9, 2022
- Top 10 SEO Companies in India – Best SEO Company India for Affordable SEO Services - June 1, 2022
- Best Ecommerce SEO Companies (Top 10 List) - May 25, 2022
- Top 25 On-Demand App Development Companies in 2021 - March 9, 2021
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Design Video Game Levels - June 16, 2020
- Monetize Your Youtube Channel to Get Ads on Your Videos - February 25, 2020
- Affordable SEO Services: Can You Perform SEO on a Budget - October 14, 2019
- Professional SEO Agencies or Freelancers: Who Should You Hire - September 18, 2019
- How to Generate the Lead using PPC Technique? - September 11, 2019
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy SEO Services for Your Business - July 9, 2019