Getting the top 10 rankings on Google is not an easy task. It requires a proper on-page and off-page SEO strategy. Following are the on-page optimization techniques that Google dislikes and could get your website penalized.
1. Keyword Stuffing
Google has started penalizing the sites with thin, low quality, or plagiarized content so that the internet marketers should avoid the keyword stuffing in their content.
2. Spammy Footer Links and Tags
The sites with link- and tag-filled footers gets penalized by both Panda and Penguin Google Algorithm updates. The Panda, which targeted poor website structure, and Penguin, which flagged sites engaging in link and tag manipulation.
This advanced black hat SEO technique deliver different web page content to search engine spiders to manipulate search engined to receive higher rankings in search results. Google has never found it legitimate.
4. Internal Linking With Keyword-rich Anchor Text
The internal links help search crawlers to index your site from A to Z. When you repeatedly link your site’s inner pages with keyword-rich anchor texts, this raises a big red flag to Google. You can risk being hit with an over-optimization penalty.
5. Content Swapping
SEO strategies previously could easily trick Google. For example, content swapping was one way to manipulate Google’s algorithms and indexing protocols. Now with changes in the SEO landscape, Google can almost immediately cut the search ranking of any site that’s closed from indexation. This is exactly why content swapping is no longer a viable strategy as it can result in significant penalties.
5 On-Page SEO Techniques that Google HATES
- How Dwell Time can be used as a Part of Your SEO Campaign - March 1, 2019
- MilesWeb VPS vs. Crazy Domains VPS – Who is the Winner? - February 26, 2019
- 3 Proven-Tips to Grow Your Small Business With SEO - February 25, 2019
- Top 10 Magento Developers in India - January 14, 2019
- How Voice Search is Changing the SEO Strategies in 2019 and Beyond - November 20, 2018
- How to Do a Backlink Audit (in Just 20 Minutes) - November 13, 2018
- Best Ecommerce Developers in India (Exclusive List) - November 2, 2018
- How to Make your WordPress Site Fully Secured - September 11, 2018
- MilesWeb Review: Managed Web Hosting for Small to Large Websites - September 4, 2018
- 8 Reasons Why Backlinks are Essential for SEO - August 29, 2018