Getting the top 10 rankings on Google is not an easy task. It requires a proper on-page and off-page SEO strategy. Following are the on-page optimization techniques that Google dislikes and could get your website penalized.
1. Keyword Stuffing
Google has started penalizing the sites with thin, low quality, or plagiarized content so that the internet marketers should avoid the keyword stuffing in their content.
2. Spammy Footer Links and Tags
The sites with link- and tag-filled footers gets penalized by both Panda and Penguin Google Algorithm updates. The Panda, which targeted poor website structure, and Penguin, which flagged sites engaging in link and tag manipulation.
This advanced black hat SEO technique deliver different web page content to search engine spiders to manipulate search engined to receive higher rankings in search results. Google has never found it legitimate.
4. Internal Linking With Keyword-rich Anchor Text
The internal links help search crawlers to index your site from A to Z. When you repeatedly link your site’s inner pages with keyword-rich anchor texts, this raises a big red flag to Google. You can risk being hit with an over-optimization penalty.
5. Content Swapping
SEO strategies previously could easily trick Google. For example, content swapping was one way to manipulate Google’s algorithms and indexing protocols. Now with changes in the SEO landscape, Google can almost immediately cut the search ranking of any site that’s closed from indexation. This is exactly why content swapping is no longer a viable strategy as it can result in significant penalties.
5 On-Page SEO Techniques that Google HATES
- 5 Steps on How to Measure Your Social Media ROI - May 18, 2019
- How to Keep Your Small Business Competitive in a Constantly Growing Digital Marketplace? - May 17, 2019
- Will ‘Extended reality’ prove to be the next generation of AR/VR? - May 14, 2019
- MilesWeb Reseller Hosting – The Extra Income Opportunity for Web Developers - May 8, 2019
- 11 Best Strategies to Research for the Right Keyword - May 8, 2019
- Top 10 Small Business SEO Companies – Best Small Business SEO Services Company - May 3, 2019
- Facebook Marketing Tips for E-commerce - April 30, 2019
- 6 Useful Tips to Create More Impressive Slideshow Video Content for Blogs - April 29, 2019
- Small Business SEO in 2019 (and Beyond) - April 11, 2019
- Make Your Ecommerce Site Pop with These Visual Branding Tips - April 1, 2019