Ways to Protect Your Site from Google Algorithmic Changes
1) Improve Page Load Times
Page loading time is an important part of any website’s user experience. Loading time is a major contributing factor to page abandonment. The average user has no patience forr a page that takes too long to load. So it’s clearly something on Google radar now. To improve your site’s page load time, compress or resize images and if your are running your site on a content management system like WordPress than you take advantage of caching plugins
2) Share High Value and Unique Content
Any duplicate content on your site makes it less useful in Google’s view, and that could result in a penalty. Use tools like Copyscape and CopyGator to make sure your content is unique and well-written.
3) Avoid Internal 404s
If you’re delivering 404s inside your own website, it’s a sure fire signal that your users are not getting the information they ask for.
4) Avoid Over Optimization
Having overly optimized web pages could soon get your websites in some hot water with Google and their search results. Some changes like If you have pages on your site that are so tightly targeted to a particular keyword phrase that they’re nearly impossible to read, rewrite them. Or if you’ve coded every meta and headline tag with your target keyword, consider replacing some of them with terms that create a better experience for your users.
5) Avoid Affiliate links all over the place
Google isn’t necessarily opposed to affiliate websites, but a high number of affiliate links is a red flag that the content may not be up to scratch.
6) Avoid Speedy link building.
Lots of similar links pointing to the same place is a sign of automation. Don’t artificially increase your link building velocity.
7) Avoid Too many outbound links
When linking to other websites, keep it natural. A high quantity of links is a sign that you’re swapping links with people for the sake of mutual SEO benefit.
- Small Business SEO in 2019 (and Beyond) - April 11, 2019
- Make Your Ecommerce Site Pop with These Visual Branding Tips - April 1, 2019
- How Small Businesses can Buy Affordable SEO Services - April 1, 2019
- How Dwell Time can be used as a Part of Your SEO Campaign - March 1, 2019
- MilesWeb VPS vs. Crazy Domains VPS – Who is the Winner? - February 26, 2019
- 3 Proven-Tips to Grow Your Small Business With SEO - February 25, 2019
- Top 10 Magento Developers in India – Best Magento Development Company - January 14, 2019
- How Voice Search is Changing the SEO Strategies in 2019 and Beyond - November 20, 2018
- How to Do a Backlink Audit (in Just 20 Minutes) - November 13, 2018
- Best Ecommerce Developers in India (Exclusive List) - November 2, 2018