Ways to Protect Your Site from Google Algorithmic Changes
1) Improve Page Load Times
Page loading time is an important part of any website’s user experience. Loading time is a major contributing factor to page abandonment. The average user has no patience forr a page that takes too long to load. So it’s clearly something on Google radar now. To improve your site’s page load time, compress or resize images and if your are running your site on a content management system like WordPress than you take advantage of caching plugins
2) Share High Value and Unique Content
Any duplicate content on your site makes it less useful in Google’s view, and that could result in a penalty. Use tools like Copyscape and CopyGator to make sure your content is unique and well-written.
3) Avoid Internal 404s
If you’re delivering 404s inside your own website, it’s a sure fire signal that your users are not getting the information they ask for.
4) Avoid Over Optimization
Having overly optimized web pages could soon get your websites in some hot water with Google and their search results. Some changes like If you have pages on your site that are so tightly targeted to a particular keyword phrase that they’re nearly impossible to read, rewrite them. Or if you’ve coded every meta and headline tag with your target keyword, consider replacing some of them with terms that create a better experience for your users.
5) Avoid Affiliate links all over the place
Google isn’t necessarily opposed to affiliate websites, but a high number of affiliate links is a red flag that the content may not be up to scratch.
6) Avoid Speedy link building.
Lots of similar links pointing to the same place is a sign of automation. Don’t artificially increase your link building velocity.
7) Avoid Too many outbound links
When linking to other websites, keep it natural. A high quantity of links is a sign that you’re swapping links with people for the sake of mutual SEO benefit.
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy SEO Services for Your Business - July 9, 2019
- 10 Best React Native Developers in India - July 9, 2019
- How Strategic Digital Marketing Can Help You Grow Your Business - July 3, 2019
- 5 Tips to Beat Your Competitor’s SEO Strategy - May 24, 2019
- 10 Reasons Why You Need Small Business SEO Services to Grow - May 23, 2019
- How to Measure the ROI of your Social Media Marketing Efforts - May 23, 2019
- 5 Steps on How to Measure Your Social Media ROI - May 18, 2019
- How to Keep Your Small Business Competitive in a Constantly Growing Digital Marketplace? - May 17, 2019
- Will ‘Extended reality’ prove to be the next generation of AR/VR? - May 14, 2019
- MilesWeb Reseller Hosting – The Extra Income Opportunity for Web Developers - May 8, 2019