Attracting a potential visitor to your site is only the first step. Grabbing their interest and retaining them is even more difficult.
Customer retention is incredibly important for growing a sustainable business, so it’s very important to design your website in such a way that your user frustration is minimum.
Top 8 Reasons that Makes someone leave a Website
1) Bad Navigation – Nothing frustrates a website visitor more than a website that’s hard to navigate. Complex or inconsistent navigation can cause users to feel helpless, confused, or angry – certainly not the emotions you want potential customers to be feeling.
2) Too Many Ads – Suffocating your visitor with ads that pop, flash, and fill the entire browser will only serve to enrage them.
3) Bad Content Structure – Bad content can destroy your conversion and retention rates. Make your content(especially your contact info) easy to find. It’s estimated that as many as 50% of sales are lost bacause potential customers can’t find what they’re looking for.
4) Obtrusive use of Audio & Video – Most people value their ability to choose what to absorb. Having video or audio that loads automatically can potentially drive visitors away.
5) The Registration Requirement – it’s often the case that forcing visitors to register before they can view content is much like a physical barrier. Barriers, such as forced-registration, may ultimately cause the visitor to go elsewhere for what they’re looking for.
6) Boring Content, Boring Design – A dull website that has no purpose or interactivity will never create a memorable experience for a visitor. Data suggests that 40% of visitors don’t return to a website after having a negative experience.
7) Poor Legibility – Bad typography choices, abrasive colors, and experience typos all contribute to poor legibilty – and ultimately poor user experience.
8) Lack of Frequency – You may have found the right balance of interactivity, design and content construction – those are all good things. But you also need to keep your site fresh with new content.
- Conseils pour voyager aux États-Unis d’Amérique - February 26, 2020
- Monetize Your Youtube Channel to Get Ads on Your Videos - February 25, 2020
- Affordable SEO Services: Can You Perform SEO on a Budget - October 14, 2019
- Professional SEO Agencies or Freelancers: Who Should You Hire - September 18, 2019
- How to Generate the Lead using PPC Technique? - September 11, 2019
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy SEO Services for Your Business - July 9, 2019
- Top 10 Best React Native Developers in India - July 9, 2019
- How Strategic Digital Marketing Can Help You Grow Your Business - July 3, 2019
- 5 Tips to Beat Your Competitor’s SEO Strategy - May 24, 2019
- 10 Reasons Why You Need Small Business SEO Services to Grow - May 23, 2019