Attracting a potential visitor to your site is only the first step. Grabbing their interest and retaining them is even more difficult.
Customer retention is incredibly important for growing a sustainable business, so it’s very important to design your website in such a way that your user frustration is minimum.
Top 8 Reasons that Makes someone leave a Website
1) Bad Navigation – Nothing frustrates a website visitor more than a website that’s hard to navigate. Complex or inconsistent navigation can cause users to feel helpless, confused, or angry – certainly not the emotions you want potential customers to be feeling.
2) Too Many Ads – Suffocating your visitor with ads that pop, flash, and fill the entire browser will only serve to enrage them.
3) Bad Content Structure – Bad content can destroy your conversion and retention rates. Make your content(especially your contact info) easy to find. It’s estimated that as many as 50% of sales are lost bacause potential customers can’t find what they’re looking for.
4) Obtrusive use of Audio & Video – Most people value their ability to choose what to absorb. Having video or audio that loads automatically can potentially drive visitors away.
5) The Registration Requirement – it’s often the case that forcing visitors to register before they can view content is much like a physical barrier. Barriers, such as forced-registration, may ultimately cause the visitor to go elsewhere for what they’re looking for.
6) Boring Content, Boring Design – A dull website that has no purpose or interactivity will never create a memorable experience for a visitor. Data suggests that 40% of visitors don’t return to a website after having a negative experience.
7) Poor Legibility – Bad typography choices, abrasive colors, and experience typos all contribute to poor legibilty – and ultimately poor user experience.
8) Lack of Frequency – You may have found the right balance of interactivity, design and content construction – those are all good things. But you also need to keep your site fresh with new content.
- 5 Steps on How to Measure Your Social Media ROI - May 18, 2019
- How to Keep Your Small Business Competitive in a Constantly Growing Digital Marketplace? - May 17, 2019
- Will ‘Extended reality’ prove to be the next generation of AR/VR? - May 14, 2019
- MilesWeb Reseller Hosting – The Extra Income Opportunity for Web Developers - May 8, 2019
- 11 Best Strategies to Research for the Right Keyword - May 8, 2019
- Top 10 Small Business SEO Companies – Best Small Business SEO Services Company - May 3, 2019
- Facebook Marketing Tips for E-commerce - April 30, 2019
- 6 Useful Tips to Create More Impressive Slideshow Video Content for Blogs - April 29, 2019
- Small Business SEO in 2019 (and Beyond) - April 11, 2019
- Make Your Ecommerce Site Pop with These Visual Branding Tips - April 1, 2019