Attracting a potential visitor to your site is only the first step. Grabbing their interest and retaining them is even more difficult.
Customer retention is incredibly important for growing a sustainable business, so it’s very important to design your website in such a way that your user frustration is minimum.
Top 8 Reasons that Makes someone leave a Website
1) Bad Navigation – Nothing frustrates a website visitor more than a website that’s hard to navigate. Complex or inconsistent navigation can cause users to feel helpless, confused, or angry – certainly not the emotions you want potential customers to be feeling.
2) Too Many Ads – Suffocating your visitor with ads that pop, flash, and fill the entire browser will only serve to enrage them.
3) Bad Content Structure – Bad content can destroy your conversion and retention rates. Make your content(especially your contact info) easy to find. It’s estimated that as many as 50% of sales are lost bacause potential customers can’t find what they’re looking for.
4) Obtrusive use of Audio & Video – Most people value their ability to choose what to absorb. Having video or audio that loads automatically can potentially drive visitors away.
5) The Registration Requirement – it’s often the case that forcing visitors to register before they can view content is much like a physical barrier. Barriers, such as forced-registration, may ultimately cause the visitor to go elsewhere for what they’re looking for.
6) Boring Content, Boring Design – A dull website that has no purpose or interactivity will never create a memorable experience for a visitor. Data suggests that 40% of visitors don’t return to a website after having a negative experience.
7) Poor Legibility – Bad typography choices, abrasive colors, and experience typos all contribute to poor legibilty – and ultimately poor user experience.
8) Lack of Frequency – You may have found the right balance of interactivity, design and content construction – those are all good things. But you also need to keep your site fresh with new content.
- How Dwell Time can be used as a Part of Your SEO Campaign - March 1, 2019
- MilesWeb VPS vs. Crazy Domains VPS – Who is the Winner? - February 26, 2019
- 3 Proven-Tips to Grow Your Small Business With SEO - February 25, 2019
- Top 10 Magento Developers in India - January 14, 2019
- How Voice Search is Changing the SEO Strategies in 2019 and Beyond - November 20, 2018
- How to Do a Backlink Audit (in Just 20 Minutes) - November 13, 2018
- Best Ecommerce Developers in India (Exclusive List) - November 2, 2018
- How to Make your WordPress Site Fully Secured - September 11, 2018
- MilesWeb Review: Managed Web Hosting for Small to Large Websites - September 4, 2018
- 8 Reasons Why Backlinks are Essential for SEO - August 29, 2018